Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bye bye childhood, hello adulthood!

From this day on I'm not longer just a little girl. I turned 18 and became an adult. Now it's time to become a bit more responsable, to be less childish, to think about the future,... Ok, being childish sometimes is fun, so let's forget that... But I do think a lot about the future these days. Especially about next year. A year full of new things like college, (probably) travelling to New York, living a bit more on my own and depending less on my parents, cutting my hair short (my hair is very long right now, about 50 cm). Yes, change is  necessary. 
So tomorrow I'm going to the university of Leuven, to get more informed about sinology. And for those who have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm in my last year of high school and I'm thinking about learning Chinese at the university. My interests for Chinese increased at the beginning of this schoolyear (september) and since then my interests for Chinese, mainly Asia actually, only got bigger. Also one of my best friends is going to Japan for more than 6 months and I'm so jealous of that! (And I'm going to miss her so much...) I already asked her to learn me Japanese and Korean (two beautiful but difficult languages) and she promised me to do that... Let's see how that will turn out! Maybe in a few years I will be able to talk (a little bit) of Chinese, Korean and Japanese... Probably not gonna happen, but a girl can dream, right? (Haha, I've used that phrase before in one of my posts...)

                     Such a beautiful language...